Step into strength and authenticity while living in harmony and community with the earth. Learn to teach yoga and live in a more meaningful way with Spirit, finding connection and expression through the heart. During this journey, you will deepen your personal practice and learn the skills to holistically share the vast wisdom of the yogic tradition and conscious living practices, finding your authentic voice and wisdom as a teacher. Living yoga naturally nurtures care for the earth and one another.
This heart and earth centered journey will provide a solid traditional philosophy of yoga fused into a modern context, connecting with the elements and the beauty of nature around you. We offer a holistic approach to yoga; the art of teaching, practice, living and healing as we Integrate mindfulness for conscious living.
Discover sustainable living practices and how to inspire others to live in optimal health and well-being. Learn self-healing techniques within a safe and sacred environment to ignite your ability to help others and bring your yoga into the world. You will learn skills for personal and group transformation with the support of highly experienced community leaders.
Immerse yourself deeply in the practice of yoga - living, learning and embracing the 4 Traditional paths and the wisdom of shamanic practices. Release what no longer serves you and create more space in your body and mind through the cultivation of awareness. This training will provide you with a strong foundation in yogic practice and philosophy and a fresh perspective on life. Step away from your life and come closer to your calling through connecting to your heart and embracing the oneness within all paths as the realization of Self;
- Bhakti - The way of the heart - Experience love and devotion through prayer, ceremony, singing, and chanting
- Jnana - The way of knowledge - Self-inquiry through the art of living with intention and contemplation of our very oneness
- Karma - The way of action -Selfless service to the one, how we can gracefully and mindfully serve the whole
- Raja - The royal path of meditative absorption - Exploring the work of Patanjali 's Ashtanga (8 limbs) philosophy
Program of Study:
- Techniques and practice principal asana, pranayama, mudra, bandha and kriya
- Teaching methodology/asana analysis, including precise alignment
- Learn skillful modifications and hands-on assists for diverse populations and common injuries/conditions, variations for advancing practice, benefits and precautions
- Learn holistic and balanced sequencing, creating various class styles; beginner, intermediate and an introduction to prenatal yoga
- Learn about the neurological, emotional, and physical effects of yoga
- Anatomy, physiology and introduction to yoga therapy
- Subtle yogic anatomy and the Chakras
- Introduction to Ayurveda, nutrition and the yogic diet
- Ashtanga philosophy and the 8 fold path; study and discussion of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, aphorisms giving insight into profound yogic practices and contemplations
- History of yoga and explorations of concepts from the sacred yogic texts
- Teaching Practicum and feedback within a safe supportive environment
This unique Sacred Earth program will allow you to:
- Deepen your yoga practice and embody the wisdom of yoga and connection to Mother Earth
- Delve into the intricate relationship between yoga and Permaculture and gather concrete tools to integrate directly into your life
- Discover ways to cultivate compassion and capacity for meaningful relationship
- Examine the benefits and challenges of introducing yoga and mindfulness practices to a variety of communities
- Experience the healing properties of shamanic wisdom and its connection to the greater yogic tradition
- Connect to nature and the elements; develop and learn strategies to apply conscious living practices to your life
- Live in community in a Conscious Living Retreat and Transformational Learning Center in the beauty of Lake Atitlan, Guatemala
- Learn to nurture relationships, healthy families and a peaceful and sustainable world through the practice of yoga and mindfulness
- Form strong bonds of lifelong friendship, whilst learning how to share the deep peace of what you truly love.
The Sacred Earth RYT200 Yoga Teacher Training gives the opportunity for deep self-healing through personal discovery practices, group exercises, intentional discussion and Sacred Ceremony. Our training also offers a wide selection of teachings on complementary health practices, Ayurveda, nutrition, massage, energetic healing, Tai Chi, Chakra cleansing, herbal healing, and the Yogic diet.
During the Sacred Earth program, we will contemplate conscious living and explore what it means for us to live our yoga, taking our conscious practice beyond the mat and into our communities. We will explore the Yoga of Permaculture and sustainable living principles as we learn to care deeply for ourselves, for one another and for Mother Earth.
- Coffee Machine
- Pets Allowed
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
La Aurora International Airport
Enjoy the peace and tranquility of mountains looking out over Lake Atitlán towards volcanoes San Pedro, Toliman and Atitlán.
Terraced into the side of a cliff, The Yoga Forest is a twenty five minute hike up into the valley from Lake Atitlán, To escape to our lush tropical food forest please travel to us with a backpack, organic soaps, a head torch and a spirit of adventure.View Accommodation
Julia Forest is an international yoga teacher, women’s health advocate, writer and closet artist who is passionate about health, environmentalism and yoga. She feels most at home wherever she rolls out her mat and finds inner peace and connection from a daily meditation practice. She created the Yoga Leadership and Permaculture Program, the first yoga teacher training program that combines yoga, mindfulness, permaculture and leadership to transform lives and communities.
With more than a decade of teaching experience, Julia believes that yoga comes alive when practiced in every moment. She shares wholeheartedly the many blessings that yoga has brought to her life. Her passion for yoga, social change, connection and community has led her to share holistic yoga teachings in many countries around the globe.
Julia is the founding director of Awakened Spirit Yoga and co-founder of the MammAlive Foundation, a non-profit that focuses on health promotion and women’s health education. Julia has been a facilitator for several successful yoga teacher training programs internationally and has been a supporting teacher for the Women’s Human Rights Institute at the University of Toronto since 2009.
During the past 15 years, Julia has been practicing and studying with extraordinary teachers in North America and in India and deepened her practice in several lineages such as classical hatha yoga, mindfulness meditation, Vinyasa, Scaravelli inspired, yoga therapy and kundalini. A self-proclaimed anatomy geek, Julia draws from more than a decade of experience in body-centered therapies and physical rehabilitation and has taught individuals of many ages and abilities including teens, women who are pre- and post-natal, elders, as well as people living with MS, fibromyalgia, cancer, osteoporosis and chronic pain. She teaches from the heart and creates an environment in which her students can explore and discover their inner wisdom and potential. She believes that we all have within us what we need to heal ourselves. The emphasis in her classes is on alignment, yoga as a tool for transformation, the healing qualities of inner stillness, movement and breath for the cultivation of inner peace, health and well-being.
Julia has been deeply influenced by her many teachers and mentors Yogrishi Vishvketu, Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo, Thich Nhat Hahn, Monica Voss, Pat Harada Lindfoot and Judith Hanson Lasater. She delivers yoga teacher training programs, anatomy and physiology intensives, specialty workshops, classes and talks worldwide.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- A 30% deposit is required to secure your space through DYR.
- The remaining 70% is payable 30 days before the retreat start date.
- The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is canceled up to 50 days before the arrival date, minus credit/ debit card fees. After this date, the deposit is non-refundable.